Through the generous support of ASU parents, the ASU Sun Devil Family Association has established a fund to offer multiple scholarship awards up to $5,000 each (divided up to $2,500 per semester) for the 2019–2020 academic year. Awards will be based on financial need, evidence of academic success, a strong commitment to community service and/or university involvement, and achievement of personal and educational goals. This award is not automatically renewable.
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
• Be admitted to ASU for fall 2019
• Must be enrolled as an undergraduate student and successfully complete at least 12 credit hours in fall 2019, and at least 12 credit hours in spring 2020 in an initial baccalaureate degree program at the Tempe, Polytechnic, West, Downtown Phoenix, or Lake Havasu Campus
• Have a graduation date of December 2020 or later
• Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative ASU GPA, un-weighted
• Have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the ASU Office of Student Financial Assistance no later than January 1, 2019. Students without a FAFSA on file by the deadline will not be considered. Applicants may complete the FAFSA at the following link: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
• Demonstrate a record of community service and/or university involvement
• Complete all required essay questions and include all required documents. *Please submit your letter of recommendation requests one to two weeks before the February 8, 2019 deadline. Letters received after this deadline will not be accepted.
*The Sun Devil Family Association Scholarship is highly competitive and receives a large number of qualified applicants each year. Applicants are encouraged to include details and specific examples for all application questions.
NOTIFICATION AND DISBURSEMENT
The Sun Devil Family Association will notify scholarship recipients of their award via MyASU by June 1. Due to the large number of applicants, only those awarded will be notified. Recipients of the scholarship will receive two equal payments that will be applied toward tuition and fees for the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters. Recipient eligibility will be reviewed at the conclusion of each semester. Eligibility must be maintained to receive the spring 2020 semester disbursement (including but not limited to, a 3.0 cumulative grade point average, participation in Sun Devil Family Association community service, full-time status, and enrollment in an initial baccalaureate degree).