Through the generous support of ASU parents, the ASU Sun Devil Family Association has established a fund to offer multiple scholarship awards of $5,000 each (equally divided, $2,500 per semester) for the 2018–2019 academic year. Awards will be based on financial need, evidence of academic success, a strong commitment to community service and/or university involvement, and achievement of personal and educational goals. This award is not automatically renewable.
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
• Be admitted to ASU for fall 2017
• Must be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student and successfully complete at least 12 credit hours in fall 2017, and at least 12 credit hours in spring 2018 in an initial baccalaureate degree program at the Tempe, Polytechnic, West, Downtown Phoenix, or Lake Havasu Campus
• Graduate with a baccalaureate degree in December 2018 or later (exception: current SDFA scholarship recipients graduating December 2017 may apply)
• Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative ASU GPA, un-weighted
• Have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the ASU Office of Student Financial Assistance no later than January 1, 2017. Students without a FAFSA on file by the deadline will not be considered. You may complete the FAFSA at the following link: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
• Show evidence of a record of community service and/or university involvement
• Complete all required essay questions and include all required documents. *Please remember to submit letter of recommendation requests at least 2-3 weeks before the January 25, 2017 deadline. Letters received after this deadline will not be accepted.
*The Sun Devil Family Association Scholarship is highly competitive and receives a large number of qualified applicants each year. Responses which include detail and specific examples will be most helpful to our committee in selecting those applicants who match our desired qualifications.